Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sweet Love

Michael and I have been dating for almost 3 and a half years now. We met at the end of 10th grade, dated all throughout 11th grade, dated long distant for all of 12th grade and then we started living with each other June of last year. It hasn't always been easy, but I couldn't imagine not being with Michael. If you know him, the first thing you notice about him is his good looks for one :), but apart from that, his humor. He is honestly, the funniest person I have ever met and I have met some pretty hilarious people. He doesn't try to be anything he is not, he knows exactly who he is. He is really smart too and not just book smart either (which he is as well) but also street smart. I really believe that if he was dropped off in an entirely new city with nothing but the clothes on his back, he would not only survive, but prosper. I know I am making him sound like a saint, but by no means is he a saint. He has flaws, but for some reason, his flaws seem so minuscule to all of his great qualities.

On top of all of that, he has one more quality that is one of my favorite ones. He is sweet. Yeah, yeah, cliche. Aw, he's so sweet. I know, everyone says it, but he truly is sweet.

He remembers what I tell him. He try's to make me happy every chance he gets. We both know he can't go out and buy me whatever I want, but he does try to do 100 small things that add up to be one amazing fiancée.

Here's a story that'll probably sound silly to people who will read it, but it honestly was one of the many times that Michael has shown me how sweet and kind he really is.

We were driving somewhere, I can't remember where, and we stopped in a gas station to pump gas (duh) and get something to drink. I didn't go inside, of course, I never do, so Michael asked me what I wanted. I said just a diet coke. He came out of the gas station and he gave me the diet coke and told me that it was one of those that had my name on it. I really don't know why I was so excited, but then again, who doesn't like having things with their name on it. I turned it around and the name on it was Ryan. He laughed and then I laughed, I mean, it was a joke. It was pretty funny too because I was so excited and my face when I found out it wasn't my name was probably priceless, but at the same time, I think he saw I was actually a tiny bit disappointed. I got over it in a couple of seconds, I mean, it was a friggin' coke with my name on it. It wasn't a big deal. Anyways, two night ago, I was making myself a ceasar salad and I forgot the croutons. It was like 10 at night and I asked Michael to drive to the store to get them for me. I really didn't think he was going to do it, but he did, like the best fiancée in the world he is, and left for the store. When he came back, he gave me the croutons and a diet coke with my name on it.

I was so happy. I was beside myself. I don't think he really understood why I was so happy though. I mean, I don't even know. It's a COKE! Nonetheless, I was still really happy and more importantly, touched. It may seem small to some, I guess it's just the idea that Michael, one thought, she probably would like a diet coke, and two, try to find me one with my name on it. 

The moral of the story and this long blog post is, my Michael is truly the best. To all those who have said I am making a mistake for marrying so young or who didn't think Michael was good enough, who cares what you think? Michael is EVERYTHING I want in someone that I want to spend my life with. His mom calls us soul mates. I used to think the idea of a soul mate was stupid. How could there only be one person in the whole world who is compatible with you to the point of spending all of time together? Well, let me just take those words back because that is exactly what Michael is to me. He is my best friend, my lover, my enemy, all in one. He makes me crazy mad, crazy happy, crazy passionate, and sometimes just crazy. I love my life with him. I don't think it's going to be all rainbows and gum drops, I know we will struggle, but that is what will make us stronger.

"Eat with the ones you starve with."

We will struggle with money, with our marriage, with our kids, with leaving the cereal out and it getting stale. But at the end, we will look back on our life and not think, maybe we should've waited a few more years, but instead, "Wow, what a beautiful, full, great life we had."


1 comment:

  1. You're spelling the word "fiancé" wrong. You are a Fiancée he is your fiancé. Its a french word, the extra E should be added only to feminine nouns. (Just a quick tip no hate but you should at least get the spelling down if you want to get married...)

    ReplyDelete