Monday, August 18, 2014

My Weekend

So I haven't posted anything since Thursday and that's honestly because I just didn't feel like posting anything...BUT this is how my weekend went.

Friday: I had a job interview for a receptionist position at a local college. I think the interview went well, but I will find out tomorrow if I got the job or not. After the interview, Michael and I dropped his mom off at work and then went home, ate take-out with his brother and watched a really cute movie (Nut Job).

Saturday: Darius, Michael's younger brother, was leaving to go back home with his dad the next day so we wanted to do something fun! We thought about going to a state park, or a water park, but we ended up going to a family fun center where there was laser tag, paintball, arcade games, and a rock wall! It was a lot of fun and the pizza was awesome.

Sunday: Michael, Darius, and Michelle (Michael's mom), went to a birthday lunch for Michael's uncle, Lawrence, birthday. We went to Joe's Crabshack, which was not my first choice since I HATE seafood, but we went and it was okay. The wait was horrible, the place was short-staffed, and for Michelle, the food was terrible. But it was nice to see Michael's family and talk about Lawrence's upcoming wedding which we are invited to (SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THAT!). After lunch, we hit the road to Kansas City, MO to drop Darius off to his dad. The drive was about 3 hours, but it wasn't too bad. Michael drove the whole way there and we listened to his music the way there. I have never met Michael's dad's side if the family before so I was kinda excited. We got to the house, Michael went inside to see his family whom he hasn't seen in about a year or so. Later, Michael's aunts came out to the car to say hi to me and his mom. They were extremely sweet and very welcoming. We said our goodbye's and headed back to Nebraska. We got home around 1 am. It was a nice trip and it was good spending those three hours with Darius!

Monday: Today was a weird day. It was the first day all summer, not having Darius here, which was sad for us, but heartbreaking for Michelle. I can't even imagine not having your son with you everyday. But, as hard as it is, we will adjust. Michael and I took his laptop to a repair shop to run some diagnostic stuff on it. It looks like it's going to cost us 130 to fix it, but it's better than spending 400-700 on a new one. After that, we picked up Michelle, and made some returns. After that, we went home to change and then we went back out to Target to pick up stuff for dinner. Then we went home and now I am awake and writing this blog while Michael is sleeping.

So, that's my weekend. It sucks I have to just sum it up because some pretty funny/sad stuff happened in between, but I don't wan't to sit here and write a post for each day all at once. From now on, I will not let this much time go by without writing. Thanks for reading, happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment