Thursday, August 28, 2014

Quick Thought

I've been doing a lot of research about the Navy lately and what it's going to be like for Michael when  he goes to basic training. His recruiter has this great video about what the first day of basic will look like and so I decided to watch it.

Honestly, I thought it was going to be more physically exhausting, but it's actually a lot of studying and remembering. Also, I was under the impression that we were going to have more contact. I know he won't have his cellphone, but I thought there would be more constant communication (email, letters, collect calls?). I found out he is only allowed to call one person two times. Once, when he gets there for like a minute and then again in a few weeks to tell me when and what time his graduation is.

I keep saying I want him to leave and I do, but I guess I forget that I won't be able to see, talk, or touch him for 2 and a half months. I mean, during out relationship, we have been long distance, but at least then I could call him or text him whenever I wanted. It's definitely going to be hard not being able to do that, but I know in the end, all of this will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment