Friday, August 8, 2014

Ready, Set, Go!

Contrary to my blog name, I'm not actually a Navy Wife...yet. I am, however a future sailor's fiancée. Whew! Man oh man does it feel good to be able to say that. It's been quite and bumpy and long journey for us. But we got through it all and now all we have to do is hurry up and wait for him to leave for Basic.

I won't go into details of just how long or how bumpy our journey is, but I will give a recap. Here goes nothing:

Michael and I began dating in 2011. He moved to Nebraska in 2012. We did long distance until 2013 when he moved back to Virginia with me. We then had to go back to Nebraska due to personal issues in November 2013. In January 2014, he decided to join the Air Force. Due to irreconcilable differences with his recruiter, he decided to begin this process with the Navy in July 2014. Finally, as of August 5th, 2014, Michael became apart of the Delayed Entry Program making him a future sailor. 

It has honestly been quite a ride, but I am so proud of my baby. He is super excited and even though we are going to be apart again for an extended period of time, I am there supporting him every step of the way.

As for me not being a wife yet, well, rest assure that once he is in A School, we will begin the process to get married. As for this blog, I really wanted something where I will be able to write and talk about my day and where I can talk about the joys and struggles of being a young Military Spouse and moreover, a Navy Wife.

My gorgeous fiancée and I :)




No comments:

Post a Comment