Wednesday, January 7, 2015

WHY IS EVERYTHING EXPENSIVE?!

I need to vent. Even if it is to myself. Here it goes.


WHY IS EVERYTHING SO EXPENSIVE! I mean, seriously. Aren't airline tickets suppose to go down after the holiday season? I mean, it is January 7th! Anyone who is on vacation, is now back! So why are the tickets still crazy! I have started looking at tickets since December 15th and I check back everyday and everyday they get a little more expensive. It's insane. Not once it has gone down. My mom says I should just keep waiting, but what if it never goes down. I have to be in Chicago and I can't just wait last minute to buy my tickets. Michael would be devastated if I didn't come. Then, she says well, buy the tickets like they are now, you have the money for them. I mean, yeah, I have the money, but that doesn't mean I want to use it. We are saving to buy a car and cars aren't cheap. They are going to take all of Michael paychecks and all the money I get as well. I have very little wiggle room and to her, that makes me cheap! I am CHEAP! When Michael gets out in June, we are going to have two weeks to buy a car, pay for insurance on the car, tags and taxes, pay a deposit and first months rent on a place, pay to move are stuff to the new place, and be able to eat during all of that! I mean, I know June is far off, but still, I'm not going to wait and leave it to chance. Just hoping that I will have enough money for everything. UGH. I hate that word, cheap. What's wrong with trying to save. I know that once all the big stuff is taken care of, I will breathe a little easier. But for now, I'm the cheap 19 year old girl who rather take a 17 hour train ride for 150 than a 2 hour plane ride for 400.

3 comments:

  1. Take the train trip. Find something useful to do on the ride up there. Something you've been wanting to do. Read, REALLY relax, sleep, enjoy the ride w.o worries. I wouldn't recommend spending $400+ on a ticket, while in the midst of saving. You're not cheap, you're FRUGAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that. I honestly was beginning to think that I was being TOO strict with our budget. I think that sounds like great advise, thank you.

    ReplyDelete