Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Recap of everything

So last time I wrote, I had just received all of Michael's things and was feeling pretty good. Right after that, I got a phone call from him while I was as a Christmas light show with my family. He only had a 5 minutes, but it was really nice to hear his voice. He sounded really tired and almost hurt so I asked him if something had happened and he told me that he had just got all of his wisdom teeth removed. I guess one of the first things they do when recruits first come in, is give them a another physical, urine test, and a dental exam. Michael knew all his wisdom teeth had come in, but at the time we were dealing with so much problems when it came to paperwork and having a surgery with general anesthesia meant doing a lot of paperwork so we decided to wait. They weren't bothering him anyways. So when he got to basic they saw them and told him they had to take them out. He missed two or three days of training (that he made up later) and he got to call me. It was great. I missed him so much at that point and it was just nice hearing his voice.

A week later, I got my first letter from him. Honestly, it was like opening up a present. I read his letter and started crying. Not because of anything sad, but because it was like the first time I got know how he was, how he really was. He told me he missed me. That basic was something that he never wanted to do again, not because of it being hard (which he said it was), but because of how limited our communication was. I know he knows there will be times he is away on <br>deployments<br> or underway and we wont see each other, but our communication wont be limited like it is now...or maybe it will be, I don't know. He also said that he was in an all male division, which I didn't get because I thought that divisions were already all male or all female. He said that they had done well on an inspection and they got a flag. Everything sounded good. It sounded like he was doing well and even though he was homesick, he was making the best of it. 

Two weeks after I got my letter, I got a phone call from him. This time it was longer. It was 30 minutes of pure bliss. It was the Monday before Christmas so of course he wished me a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. He also talked about how he made new friends and that he loved the pictures I sent him. He also told me that his Recruit Division Officer (RDC) was a Chief Petty Officer 1st Class and he was also a Hospital Corpsman, which is what Michael's job is. He told me that he made a good relationship with him and he talked to him about his job and his worries about what to specialize in. I'm happy that he found someone to give him some guidance in that area. I can only give him so much, but without really experiencing it, I can't give him any REAL help. We also talked about how much we loved and missed each other, but I will keep those parts to myself. 

Okay, that is a recap of everything that has happened. So this is what is happening now. 

I'm finally starting to buy my plane tickets and make hotel reservations to see him and man o man, it is expensive. I mean, the hotel isn't too bad, but the plane tickets are like CRAZY! I mean, I don't understand why they are so expensive when the holiday season is over. I am seriously starting to consider leaving a day before and get a Greyhound bus ticket or a train ticket. I don't know. I don't want to spend so much money, but I also don't want to be traveling for over 17 hours. We'll see what happens. Suggestions would be nice though. Well, that's everything. I will probably post again if I get more phone calls or more letters, if not, I will definitely post after his graduation at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment