Thursday, December 4, 2014

miss you

Today is the fifth day without Michael. I'm starting to miss him a lot more. I keep wanting to pick up the phone and call him and tell him about my day. I'm struggling with not having phone conversations the most, I think. The distance is hard, but I've done it before. I just keep reminding myself "I will see him soon" and I feel better. But not being able to call him or email him or anything, that's what will make this really hard. I want to know he is okay. Not safe okay, but happy okay. This is his first time away from him family, mom or dad, and first time away from me. I know it sounds like he is my kid or something, but I worry. Maybe I'm worrying too much. I don't have any doubt that he can do this, I just have to give him a chance to do it.

**UPDATE.

When I started this piece, it was before I got his mailing address. I still haven't heard from him, but now I can start sending him letter in the hope of in a week or two, he will respond to me. We will have some line of communication after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment